By entering a competition at Wordly Ambition, you are confirming that you have read and accepted the below Terms & Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
Competitions Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are in addition to and should be read in conjunction with the other terms and conditions outlining services from Wordly Ambition https://wordlyambition.com/competition-terms. These Terms take preference over all other terms on the site as they constitute the specialisation of terms pertaining solely to the entry of original work on our platform.
By entering a competition each entrant agrees that they have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any additional rules or conditions attached to an individual competition.
Wordly Ambition reserves the right to amend and update these Terms at their discretion with these changes taking immediate effect from their publication. Entrants into active competitions will be notified via emails and should make efforts to remain up to date with such changes.
Interpretation and Applications
- Wordly Ambition Service: the services provided by Wordly Ambition via website, including competitions where the prizes are money, publication or otherwise.
- Entrant: An individual that enters a piece of written work into Wordly Ambition competition(s).
- Entry: A submission of work for which the entrant holds the relevant permissions to enter for use of Wordly Ambition.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the use of services on the Wordly Ambition website and any entry of work made by you (the Customer or you).
- These terms apply with conjuctions of above mentioned Terms of service.
- All winners are decided by majority vote from a shortlist of entries by a panel of impartial judges. Our shortlists are derived through a process of graded review, wherein entries are judged and scored across a series of encompassing metrics that form Wordly Ambition’s notion of quality writing. All submissions are rendered anonymous prior to judging and the work is then judged solely on its own merit. Anonymity is preserved at all levels of the judging process and only lifted for those involved in the judging process on announcement.
- Some competitions will have the winner selected by a indepent guest judge, in which case Wordly Ambition cannot ensure the choice is made inline with Wordly Ambition’s judging metrics.
- Feedback will be provided for all entrants. Our feedback is provided by paid professional editors, publishers and authors.
- Entrants are encouraged to take the feedback provided under consideration, but be aware that the provided content is a recommendation, and that Wordly Ambition cannot be held responsible for any lack of success following changes made to the work based on our feedback.
- By submitting your work into a Wordly Ambition competition you grant Wordly Ambition use of your work for data collection and analysis purposes and to share work with our team of judges.
- To revoke the rights for Wordly Ambition to process a submitted piece, the email must be sent to that extent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Paid entry fee will not be refunded.
- Wordly Ambition does not inherently receive the right to publish any work submitted. Wordly Ambition will request the copyright holder grant the 3 year term rights to publish work in a given collection but will not hold the copyright of the work itself, which remains with the original copyright holder.
- Currently published work is eligible for Wordly Ambition competitions. It is the role of the entrant to ensure they hold all relevant copyright for the entry they supply. Entries submitted without the right to do so will be disqualified and fees will not be refunded.
- We accept no responsibility for the submission of plagiarised work and work both proactively and retrospectively to comply with the copyright of third parties.
- Prize funds will be transferred via PayPal and are subject to PayPal’s ‘receipt of payment for goods or services’ fee (2.9% + $0.30) due to tax requirements.
- Where a prize is sponsored by a third party, Wordly Ambition does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or the delivery of such prizes.
- All entry fees must be paid in full via PayPal at time of entry.
- Any entrants who have not paid the entry fee will be immediately disqualified from Wordly Ambition competition(s).
- Email should be sent to email@example.com containing the entry, which is attached to the email, following guidelines for the entry. Entry that do not comply with rules and guidelines will be disqualified and their fee will not be refunded. Although most care is taken to link the Paypal payment and the email containing the submitted work, it’s up to entrant to make sure that they are following the Wordly Ambition’s guidance.
- Submissions are only accepted written in English. Submissions in any other language will be disqualified from the competition without refund.
- Entries are eligible from any location where local laws do not prohibit entry, given they conform to all other terms.
- Entrants are eligible to submit the same piece more than once in order to collect further feedback. However each new entry must be accompanied by an appropriate Paypal Payment.
- Entrants receiving a payment from Wordly Ambition in relation to a competition acknowledge that any amount, regardless of its size, is considered personal income, and is thereby subject to taxation. Entrants are required to conform to tax implications of their country. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant (winner), and entry to our competitions confirms on the part of the entrant both acknowledgement and acceptance of this statement.
- Any pieces which have been previously submitted to Wordly Ambition are still eligible for entry in our competitions, providing they meet the entry guidelines. This does not influence their success in our competitions.
- Wordly Ambition has the right to require proof of identity to be provided at any time if there is reason to believe false or misleading information has been provided. Failure to do so provides grounds for disqualification from any and all Wordly Ambition competition and services.
- All entries are final. We are unable to facilitate modifications or refunds for entries made. It is advised all work is thoroughly checked and proofread before the submission.
- Entrants who wish to remove their work from our competitions and database, can do so by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wordly Ambition accepts no responsibility for entries that are not received as a result of not submitting properly and disregarding Wordly Ambitions guidelines on submissions.
- If you do not understand anything stated above, then please refrain from entering our competition until you have reached us for clarification.
- Affiliates of Wordly Ambition are permitted to enter their work however will not be eligible to win. However, they may shortlist and benefit from other Wordly Ambition services.
- To the extent permissible under applicable law, Wordly Ambition shall not be liable to any entrant or to the winner for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with a Wordly Ambition competition.
- Wordly Ambition are governed by the law of England.
- Data provided on entry to a competition may be used to process the competition, communicate with entrants for matters related to the competition and where consent is given, to provide future communications for marketing and promotion purposes.